Caring for your vehicle with vinyl lettering and graphics
Using care and high-quality
products specifically designed for car cleaning and maintenance will keep your vehicle lettering and graphics looking their best. As with the paint on a vehicle, exposure to the elements is another factor that affects the life of a vinyl product. Protecting your vehicle with vinyl lettering and graphics from the elements as much as possible will extend the life of your investment.
Careful cleaning will go a long way in protecting your vehicle. It’s very important to learn about the steps in caring for your vehicle with vinyl lettering and graphics.
Vehicle Car Care DOs and DON’Ts
- Hand wash your vehicle with a sponge or soft cloth. A wash mitt works well.
- Clean fuel spills immediately.
- Cleaning products should be mild, non-abrasive, non-solvent liquid cleaners, such as
- 3M™ Car Wash Soap 39000
- Meguiar’s NXT Generation® Car Wash
- Deep Crystal® Car Wash
- Isopropyl Alcohol and water at a ratio of 2:1
- Simple Green™ All Purpose Cleaner
- Pre-clean difficult contaminates like bug splatter, bird droppings or tree sap by soaking with hot soapy water for several minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water and dry thoroughly.
- Keep the hose nozzle at least 1 foot (300 mm) away from and perpendicular (at 90 degrees) to the graphic so water is not forced under the vinyl. Reminder: do NOT power wash.
- Try to store the vehicle in a garage, or covered parking.
- Park vehicle in the shade, whenever possible.
- Do NOT a power-wash as this may lift the vinyl.
- Do NOT take your vehicle through an automatic car wash.
- Do NOT go through a brushless car wash. The chemicals used to make up for brushes can do damage to the vinyl lettering.
- Do NOT use a buffing wheel over the graphics.
- Do NOT use the degreasers.
- Do NOT rub hard at the edges of the vinyl.
Exposure to the elements
Store the vehicle in a garage or covered parking, if possible. If no covered parking is available consider a cloth cover or at least parking the vehicle in the shade during
Crivello Signs, Inc uses high-performance 3M vinyl’s for vehicle lettering and graphics to ensure the longest life possible.